What is WebAssembly used for?
List of the many examples of uses of this intermediate language.
For the browser
Editing of video and music.
- Games, even in 3D with OpenGL.
- Collaborative and decentralized applications.
- Augmented reality.
- Image recognition.
- Vector applications.
- Interactive and possibly educational software.
- Visualization and scientific simulation.
- Programming language interpreter.
- Development tools (editors, debuggers).
- Creation of an OS in the browser.
- Local web server.
- Database client.
- Etc ...
Outside the browser
- Processing on the server side, on behalf of an online application.
- Server side application.
- Native applications on mobile.
Inspired by the list - not exhaustive - published by WebAssembly.org.